Saturday, March 20, 2010

True Friend

In my earlier post I talked about love and trust, and the importance of trust for a relation. Two days ago, I came to know that the most important part of a successful business is to have a strong team. In the class of entrepreneurship we discussed the reason why organizations fail or have problems. At last we concluded that human resource is the prominent reason for it. It means a person should develop skills for recognizing right person at right time.

"A friend is a person who knows all about you, and still likes you." Elbert Hubbard

In this post, I want to draw your attention on a topic which is very crucial and important part of everyone’s life. I will talk about friendship. Most of us generally face problems to recognize true friends. So here I want to share six points which will help you to recognize your best friend.

1. First and foremost thing, Decide whether you can trust him/her, because for any relationship trust is very important.

2. Decide whether, your friend cares about you or not. It is obvious that your true friend will care you most. A Friend will Help and support you when you are in trouble.

3. A true friend will point out your mistakes in a constructive manner without malice intent. A friend knows what is best in you so he will let you know about opportunities that you have in your life.

4. He/she will appreciate you and be happier than you on your victory or achievement.

5. He/ she will never ignore you in public place or with a group of other friends. He/she will never lie to you, will not hurt you mentally and will apologize if does so.

6. He/she will want to hangout with you out of school/college/workplace.

Remember all six points apply both ways. Are you being all of these to your friends as well? We all need to evaluate our friendships. Don't lie to yourself about being friend with someone that does not feel the same way for you. Ultimately, you would only be hurting yourself.

I used to think I had some true friends in my life. Turns out in many cases I was wrong. When I answered these six points about some of my friends I was surprised that they were not as close as I had originally thought. The real deciding factor for me was "Am I that kind of friend for them?” When I was honest with myself and answered "No”, it was a very eye-opening experience. We must always remember what we expect from our friends and they have the right to expect from us in return.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.

4 comments:

  1. you really touch the sky of friendship and share what you have learn nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see that you have have some friendship emotions also. It's good to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice,fantastic,fabulous,marvellous,excellent insight about friendship.Any one can judge true friendship from above 6 points, which are practically applicable. We should not be emotional while selecting friends, it should be mutual from both side, unless it can not be sustain for long time and hurt as well. I can understand the feelings of your post, because it Is somewhere related to my life.
    GOOD GOING, KEEP WRITING

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rohit,
    It was good to read your blog.
    It seems that you have done a great research to find out who is the real friend.
    I completely agree with your points but I believe that there are no conditionss applied for friendship.Anyways different perceptions.But I liked your blog

    One thing I wanna Ask that why you have put the point related to our entrepreneurship session?I mean I couldn't get the significance of that point in this blog.
    Sorry but is it that all these points we should seek in our business personnels or what?
    Regards
    Shraddha P.

    ReplyDelete